|“Parents describe the school as a ‘magical’ place for children to learn. ... The school is a beacon for outstanding practice."|
Our last full school inspection took place in January 2013, where we were judged to be an outstanding school, meeting the outstanding criteria in all four areas of inspection: achievement of pupils, quality of teaching, behaviour and safety of pupils, and leadership and management.
In April 2023, we received a short inspection visit under the new inspection framework, at which Ofsted confirmed that the school continues to be outstanding. This is the fifth time that Batford has maintained its outstanding Ofsted rating and we feel the judgement reflects the amazing dedication of the whole Batford team. Do take time to read the full report below, but just some of the highlights are:
- Staff are experts at leading learning for children in this age group.
- Children in Batford Nursery benefit from a highly ambitious curriculum.
- Every opportunity is used to extend and embed the new knowledge that children learn
- Children have an exceptional start to their school life.
- Children feel a strong sense of belonging.
- Staff make purposeful and caring connections with parents.
- Governors reflect the highest ambitions for children in the setting.